Thursday, March 10, 2011

So much has touched my heart

The five elements of a consecrated life: purity, work, respect for one’s physical body, service, and integrity.  These elements are so perfect, would make anyone so perfected that I have to rejoice in knowing what they are! How can we be so lucky to have this knowledge.  Yet, as I learn everyday (even at school) knowledge is not action. 

Purity:
I want to be pure, I know I need to be pure, I know I can be pure with the Atonement of Christ.
Work:
Oh dear.  I waste so much time, right now I'm blogging to keep from doing my homework.  I don't work very well and I know this is going to be one of the greater challenges in my own road to a consecrated life.
Respect for one's physical body:
This could be the topic of an entire conference session in my opinion.  It is half of our soul, it is our personal temple. What more can we do to respect it?--(junk food, exercise, loving your body more)
Service:
the Savior, the Prophet, such perfect examples of lives built on service.  Who do I look to for an everyday example? My mother, my roommates, my friends. What can do to built my life more upon service?  I loved that part when Elder Christofferson was talking about the prophet "He has cultivated a listening ear that can discern even the faintest whisper of the Spirit signaling the need of someone he can reach and help." I know that I need to "cultivate a listening ear" to better know how I can, and who I can serve.
Integrity: 
Elder Christofferson's words on hypocrites really got me thinking and evaluating the ways that i am hypocritical. "It is faith destroying, whereas honor is the rich soil in which the seed of faith thrives."  I would hate to be considered faith destroying. 

Overall this talk was very revealing and put me and ponderous and somber mood. .. but in a good way.

1 comment:

  1. "We cannot love what we do not know."

    the way we are able to share our deep love of the gospel and of Christ comes from really knowing it.

    we must DO these things, really KNOW them.


    ps.
    i love love hearing your thoughts janna. you're a woman of my heart.

    ReplyDelete