Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I am always amazed by the difference daily devotion makes. Sure, I pray and I read my scriptures. But I'm not always really praying and reading. We've all been there. We go through the motions. It's not necessarily a bad thing. But it's hard to feel like we're progressing and with that comes a feeling of emptiness. There is something left to be desired.

So while sitting in the library this morning, waiting for my next class to begin, I remembered that I hadn't read the conference talks for the past three days! Now after catching up, there's a huge difference in my mood! My eyes don't feel heavy, my mind is clear and there's a little smile on my face. How did I let myself slip?! Obviously, it's human nature. We are not perfect. But the door is always open. We just have to remember that. What we are doing today will affect generations.

I have a tendency to get in my own head a lot. I over think everything and get down on myself. It's a bad habit that I've really been trying to work on. And how do I work on this? By serving and loving others. Losing yourself in the service of others is the best way to find happiness in yourself. So with that, I really hope you all know how inspired I am by each of you. I love you with all of my heart and I am always here for you. You are a blessing in my life. Please never hesitate to ask for help. We have a responsibility to one another to lift each other up as we strive to be closer to our Father in Heaven.


No comments:

Post a Comment