Friday, March 18, 2011

you're making better progress than you realize

Sometimes I can't listen to Elder Scott without feeling a little bit sleepy, but this afternoon his slow and steady voice stuck with me as the words he was speaking set in.

Faith.  It's a primary answer we can respond with instinctively, but this talk reminded me what the actual concept of Faith is. What it allows us to do and feel and see. When I think about all the things I could be more faithful in it is overwhelming.  I don't live my whole life in faith.  While listening to this talk I thought of ways I could improve/build my faith everyday.  Of course this only brings up more primary answers like reading my scriptures and saying my prayers. But having faith means doing those little things even when they seem too small to help. 

He talked about how life can be hard. Life is one big faith-building exercise.  I need a constant reminder of that fact. Everyday, every trial, every person I meet is an opportunity to show my faith. Whoa I'm so failing this test.

Elder Scott's conclusion included this phrase,

"Life may seem difficult now, but hold on tightly to that iron rod of truth. You are making better progress than you realize."

I need constant reminding of this as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment